The Society first met in Rusholme Public Hall in 1969 and today volunteers are continuing the work to:
- Stimulate public interest in and care for the beauty, history and character of Rusholme and Fallowfield and their surroundings.
- Encourage the preservation, development and improvement of the features which go to make pleasing conditions in which to live and work.
- Encourage high standards of architecture and town planning in the area.
- Pursue these ends by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, publications, other forms of instruction, study and publicity, and promotion of schemes of a charitable nature.
Would you like to join and help us?
There are a number of ways you can get involved in the society:
- Please join the society. The more members we have, the greater the say the society will have in local planning and licensing applications, and local consultations. Please complete the membership application form: R&FCS Membership Form 150116 and return it to Michelle Pouncey: firstname.lastname@example.org, 07980 819090.
- Please consider joining the committee. Currently we have an officer vacancy – Vice Chair, also other roles including Membership Secretary, Events Coordinator, Newsletter Editor.
Please use the box below to get in touch. We welcome your comments about information on this site, and we encourage you to get involved in the Civic Society as little or as much as you can.